Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 152 - Peek-a-Boo to You

Introducing today's Reader:


Laurel Seabrook


I am married with 2 girls ages 14 and 11. I teach grade 1 full time and my hobbies are paper crafting (especially card making, and scrapping), photography, blogging and painting. Although the job and family life keeps me busy I try to make time for myself daily by going for a run and of course playing in my craft room.

I have recently been published in Cards magazine, have been Guest Designer for Inspirational Card Sketches and am currently on the Design Team for Card Patterns. My passion right now is anything using paper. My girls are the inspiration for my scrapping but I tend to do more card making as I love how quick, easy and satisfying they are... not to mention I am addicted to Challenges!!!

I am honored to be Guest Designer on 365 Card Challenge as the Design team is so full of talent and inspiration.

Did I say I LOVE paper crafting?


So today's challenge is all about flaps. Create a fun flap somewhere on your card, perhaps revealing a sweet surprise underneath, as Laurel has done:




That is absolutely adorable!
Here is what Amy had to say about Laurel:
I adore Laurel's sense of style. She is a multi-talented paper artist that rocks both the cardmaking and scrapping world. I love her use of colors, layers and embellies...She has such a contagious sense of enthusiasm!!
I think I met her through 365 Cards and have been following her for a bit...she is definitely a gal to watch! She has been picked up by design teams, been recognized on various blogs and has been published!!
And Amy has also has a cool card creation to share:


Well done, Amy!
By the way, if you are wondering, this will not be the only Reader Appreciation Week we will have. But I might have to shake things up a bit, just for fun ;) And if you are fairly new to the blog and you haven't jumped in yet, what are you waiting for? We're ready to get to know you!!

9 comments:

Ann said...

Pam, I am absolutely LOVING Reader Appreciation Week! 365 Cards ROCKS!!!

One4Joy said...

What great examples of the challenge today! Love, love the Asian paper and Laurel's cute flap card. I went tiny with a transparent envie for my flap.

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Fabulous, fabulous. This is a great week, such inspiration from some very talented girls.
Can I just say here that I am having trouble leaving comments on some of the blogs for some reason. I just get a lilac box that I am unable to reply in. So girls your cards this week have been awesome but I can't say how much in written words.

Tasia D. said...

This was too much fun!

PaulaM said...

Oh, I had some other images in mind for this 'flapper' card - but came up with something completely not in my mind - simple - but fun - thanks for the challenge.

Linda said...

Very fun challenge!!

Christina said...

Another great challenge! Thank you again for the inspiration!

fabricbutterfly said...

Paaaaaam!!!! Rose is cheating, again. I thought Gloria said we should keep an I on her.

beckynoelle said...

Yay! what a fun challenge - I had so many ideas for it floating around in my head all day :)